The Board of Trustees is required to hold an AGM each year to review the previous year with the ratepayers. The financial audit is presented, a Chairman's report is given, and a review of works done and works planned are discussed. Parcel Tax and Water Toll Utility rate changes are also presented. If you would like to learn more about your water improvement district, please keep an eye open for the next AGM date (generally held at the end of March) and join us.
2021 Mill Bay Waterworks District Annual General Meeting - POSTPONED
Due to the current Covid-19 Provincial outdoor gathering restrictions, MBWD has postponed the 2021 AGM. Please keep posted here for the new date when it is safe for us to meet.
2021 Trustee Election Results
MBWD held the 2021 Trustee Election on Saturday, March 27, 2021. Please see the results below:
74 elector votes; 2 spoiled votes
Brook Adams 56 votes
David Crowe 24 votes
David Keir 49 votes
Congratulations to Brook Adams and David Keir.
Please read our information package regarding the changes and rulings for the AGM and Trustee election, which can be found here. Any questions or concerns regarding the AGM
2021 Important Dates
March 1st Trustee nomination deadline
March 8th RSVP request to attend deadline for the 2021 AGM
Nominee/Trustee Bios and Trustee acclamation or list of nominees will be published on our website.
March 27th Polling station open 10 am to 2 pm (Unless acclamation occurs)
March 29th 2021 Trustee Election results posted on MBWD’s website
March 30th 2021 Annual General Meeting (1 pm at Mill Bay Waterworks District Office)
Responsibilities of a Trustee
Being an MBWD Trustee requires taking on responsibilities in the best interest of the District. The list below are examples of responsibilities and duties that are included, but are not limited to:
- an MBWD Trustee represents the interests of everyone in the Mill Bay Improvement District, not just a specific group
- an MBWD Trustee may need to attend additional meetings over and above the regular Board Meetings held every second Tuesday of the month at 2:00 pm
- an MBWD Trustee is a policy and lawmaker and a steward of public service to the community of Mill Bay
- an MBWD Trustee ensures MBWD's resources are used effectively and for the long-term benefit of the landowners in the District
- an MBWD Trustee must be accountable, transparent, ethical and respectful of the rules of law
- an MBWD Trustee must work collaboratively with the other Trustees and MBWD staff
- an MBWD Trustee must become familiar with the legislation, insurance, property assessment, taxation, meeting procedures, basic water system design, water quality standards, fire protection, labour relations and bylaw enforcement.
Please see the MBWD Board of Trustee Handbook for more information or call the office.