The Board of Trustees is required to hold an AGM each year to review the previous year with the ratepayers. The financial audit is presented, a Chairman's report is given, and a review of works done and works planned are discussed. Parcel Tax and Water Toll Utility rate changes are also presented. If you would like to learn more about your water improvement district, please keep an eye open for the next AGM date (generally held at the end of March) and join us.
2021 Mill Bay Waterworks District Annual General Meeting
Mill Bay Waterworks District will be holding our Annual General Meeting on:
August 25, 2021, at 6:30 pm
at the Kerry Park Recreation Centre, Curling Lounge
Please arrive early to sign in before the meeting begins. There will not be a Trustee Election at the AGM.
Masks will be mandatory to attend the meeting, following Kerry Park Recreation Centre’s Covid-19 protocols.
Please note that attendance will be limited. BC’s Restart Step 3 limits indoor gatherings to 50 people. RSVP to participate in the 2021 AGM. Requests to attend the AGM must be submitted through a phone call, email, dropped off at our office or by mail and contain the following information:
- First and Last Name(s)
- Telephone Number
All parties who wish to attend must RSVP no later than August 23, 2021.
July 2021 Trustee Election
MBWD held a Trustee Election on Saturday, July 10, 2021.
Thirty-seven (37) District landowners attended the election to cast a vote.
The Trustee Election results are:
BRONSTEIN, Ron 10
CHILDS, Doyle 8
CROWE, David 19
Congratulations, David Crowe
Responsibilities of a Trustee
Being an MBWD Trustee requires taking on responsibilities in the best interest of the District. The list below are examples of responsibilities and duties that are included, but are not limited to:
- an MBWD Trustee represents the interests of everyone in the Mill Bay Improvement District, not just a specific group
- an MBWD Trustee may need to attend additional meetings over and above the regular Board Meetings held every second Tuesday of the month at 2:00 pm
- an MBWD Trustee is a policy and lawmaker and a steward of public service to the community of Mill Bay
- an MBWD Trustee ensures MBWD's resources are used effectively and for the long-term benefit of the landowners in the District
- an MBWD Trustee must be accountable, transparent, ethical and respectful of the rules of law
- an MBWD Trustee must work collaboratively with the other Trustees and MBWD staff
- an MBWD Trustee must become familiar with the legislation, insurance, property assessment, taxation, meeting procedures, basic water system design, water quality standards, fire protection, labour relations and bylaw enforcement.
Please see the MBWD Board of Trustee Handbook for more information or call the office.