At Mill Bay Waterworks District , our goal is to provide safe, clean, potable water to all of our residents! We welcome you to the community. Listed below are a few facts about your local water system.
- Mill Bay Waterworks District is an Improvement District. Improvement Districts are local authorities responsible for providing services for the benefit of the residents within the Districts boundaries.
- Typically an improvement district provides one or two services, such as water, fire protection, street lighting, dyking, drainage, garbage collection and parks which are financed through taxation (parcel tax) and user fees (tolls). MBWD provides only one service to the community - potable drinking water.
- The powers exercised by the MBWD Board of Trustees (to put in place and enforce its regulations and charges, to assess and collect taxes, to acquire, hold and dispose of lands, to borrow money and expropriate lands) come from the District’s Bylaws, the Local Government Act, and other applicable local government statutes.
- Mill Bay Waterworks District was brought into existence through Cabinet Orders authorizing the passage of Letters Patent in 1961. The Letters Patent identifies the District’s name, boundary and the service(s) it will provide.
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00-4:00, open to the public Monday, Wednesdays & Fridays 12:00 noon to 4:00pm, with the exception of Statutory Holidays (New Years Day; Family Day; Good Friday; Easter Monday; Victoria Day; Canada Day; B.C. Day; Labour Day; Truth and Reconciliation Day; Thanksgiving Day; Remembrance Day; Christmas Day; and Boxing Day).
- Main Number: 250-743-9023
- Fax: 250-743-9065
- Location: 875 Deloume Road in Mill Bay (just up the hill from Tim Horton's complex)
Phone 250-743-9023, and press 3 to leave a message for the District Operator. The message will be sent directly to our Operator. This number is for EMERGENCIES ONLY. Please be advised that in some cases of emergency our Operator receives multiple phone calls and is therefore not always able to return all phone calls as he responds to the emergency at hand. Depending on the type of situation, charges may apply.
Mill Bay Waterworks District
Box 58, 875 Deloume Road
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P0, 250.743.9023
Your Mill Bay Waterworks District staff is always here to help you. Whether you need assistance with a bill or a question about your usage, we are here to serve you. Please send us an email or call the office at 250-743-9023.